Monday, December 31, 2018

An Ode to The Woman.

Hail, Morning Star
Full of light.
There is that twinkle in thine eye,
A shining luster,
When against my shadows,
Makes known to me --
O hollow be my soul! 
Yet thee who bear the North Star
Leads this lost one home.
Hope glimmers in the dark.
O my soul,Be still.

Hail, Bride
Full of song.
Thine I Do of long ago
Echoes of sweet melancholic psalms
Breaking and making thy heart,
Stirring and making ours whole.
Love seeks, 
O my soul,
Be found.

Hail, Theotokos
Full of grace
Thine eyes full of mercy
Cool the fires of justice.
Thy mercy unto my eyes,
The canticle of the turning
This prisoner free.
Therefore, take flight
O my soul, 
Yearn. 

Hail, Queen of the Universe
Full of splendor
Thy crowned jewels 
When against my darkness
Makes known to me
How hallowed be the
Sores of this soul,
Lamenting of the living,
Pity for poor souls. 
There in heaven, 
My dimmed doxologies
Are unending Hallelujahs unto thee
Thy song of joy.
O my soul, 
Sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment