Friday, January 24, 2014

To be or not to be at all.

We are often caught up in the dilemma that life is too short, yet, at the same time, that there is "the rest of our lives" to do what we want. Regardless of what the case really is, we only get one moment to be. We are in a specific time and space for every moment that we live. All cliches aside, we can't really worry about tomorrow. We can't worry if what we're doing now is wrong, is inadequate or whatever else we fear it could be. Redemption is hauntingly beautiful, and we must trust that every new morning is a new day to redeem and be redeemed. It's what the love of God did for us and it is what His love will continue to do for us for the rest of our lives.

Each moment that we are in must find themselves leading up towards the Divine Moment that we have all been created for. There needs to be a purpose for everything we do -- an absolute purpose that will make sense of the subjective and relative events that we experience in life. By the end of it all, I just want to be gazing at the face of my Maker, not just enveloped in his loving arms, but one with Him. This is the overarching purpose for every little thing I do in my life. Though it seems limiting and binding to say that there is this "absolute," I literally cannot imagine a more freeing paradox than this. To know Him is to know myself, and to know myself is the key to loving fearlessly and learning how to let others love me, too.

Recognize your humanity, embrace the desires that break you and make you because it is all ultimately a part of who you are. You cannot run from yourself. Are we not aware of the burning desire within us to be more of who we are? Are we not aware of the crippling fears, the lies, and anxieties that imprison us? Why do we choose to settle? Why do we choose to remain as people of ideas and beliefs, and not of action and conviction? "Be perfect as I am, as the Father is perfect..." God is perfect because he is pure act. His thoughts, ideas, and dreams for man are pure and truly good, but what makes him perfect is the way he manifests them into reality. He lives. He is.

This is the kind of perfection I strive for: It is to push through every mistake with repentance in my heart. It is to push through every day. It is to learn how to wait for my own desires to be desires reflecting a pure love for self and others. The perfection I strive for is to simply be the person that I am: wounded, unsure of myself, healing, incomplete, too much, not enough... yet whole, complete, just right, and real. I am not merely a list of the things I wish I could be nor am I a list of things that people choose to like about me, I am all of it and more. Just like you, simple yet complex. Just like you, I am a beautiful person.

I am His beautiful person, therefore I fearlessly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment