Friday, February 7, 2014

About time.

“We’re all traveling through time together, every day of our lives. All we can do is do our best to relish this remarkable ride.” - Tim, in About Time
Time is a funny thing. It is the wave that carries each event that takes place in our lives. When time passes, so much of us changes and becomes something completely different from the past thus totally altering the future. And it’s in a way absolutely scary. 
I can plan and plan and I do because it is my way of somehow cushioning the surprise blow that is sure to come in the ever uncertain future. But the thing is plans change as often as my mind does. So what am I to do? Never plan? Never make decisions? Never have any opinions or thoughts on any thing that goes on in my life? Stay still?
No, if anything, I think it’s to remain flexible. To go from moment to moment. Not in a fickle, indecisive, and imprudent way, but rather in a bold and courageous and extremely honest way. It is to give every attention to the present moment in a calm and collected way. It's to have faith.

As of right now in my life, I don’t know how I got here, but I am just glad that I got here at all. My heart wants so much, it waits for so much, but I know all I have is what I got in front of me. It’s not so much that it’s all I have, but rather, it’s all I can really do anything about right now.

Lord, help me face each moment with all of me so as to relish the time I have. So as to travel with no regrets. So as to live the moment fully that there would be no need for me to even desire wanting to repeat it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment